Sunday, February 15, 2015

What is Your Passion?


Share this post and help spread the love! What is Your Passion? written by Bren Koger. My amazing son knows I’m an American Civil War buff so when he got me an audio book for Christmas called The Rebel Yell by S.C. Gwynne I couldn t wait to start listening. General Stonewall Jackson  It’s the story of General Stonewall Jackson who was a Civil War general for the Confederacy until he died of pneumonia a week after his own troops accidentally fired on him during the Battle of Chancellorsville in Virginia. What I love about the book is that it tells the reader details about the personality qwirks of some of  the major characters of the war. For instance, I learned that General Jackson was a bit of a hypochondriac before the war. He was an eccentric physics professor at Virginia Military Institute, by occupation, and frequently complained about such things as dyspepsia (stomach problems) psoriasis, and eye irritations. The interesting thing that stuck out for me about this is that
http://bit.ly/1v0zzN6

No comments:

Post a Comment